Addison Whitney is a global branding firm with a passion for building strong brands. Our capabilities span all branding elements, from brand strategy, to naming, to visual design and brand research. Since 1991, Addison Whitney has been serving clients across a variety of industries, spanning healthcare, technology, consumer, industrial, and financial services. The selected intern(s) will get hands-on experience in branding projects for noteworthy clients, build unique capabilities, and enhance their professional skillset.
Description: Impactful, memorable brands are not simply born; they are meticulously designed and purposefully enacted. When you think of Apple, you probably think of innovation and ease. When you think of Starbucks—friendly service and a calm atmosphere. But have you ever thought of all of the ways that these companies evoke such feelings? Have you ever wondered why your experience with these brands, no matter how or where you come into contact with them, is always consistent? Simply put, it is because of people like us.
As brand strategy intern, you will gain experience thinking critically about brands of all types and in a variety of industries. Addison Whitney is looking for inspired candidates that are excited about branding and willing to think critically and provide thoughtful direction to clients. You will be given a brand strategy manager for coaching purposes, helping to make the most of your experience.
- Majors in Marketing or Communications
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Strategic thinking
- Natural curiousity
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Time Management
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional attitude
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Creative writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Internet research capabilities
- Graphic design capabilities (not required)
Activities: (frequency of certain activities will vary as needed during the internship period)
- Assist with the brand strategy development process
- Assist with client deliverables
- Conduct communication audits for clients and client competitors
- Observe market research planning
- Observe client interactions/conference calls
- Compile industry news and determine how trends could improve/impact Addison Whitney’s current work
Interview Schedule: Interviews begin March 1, 2017
Compensation: This internship is unpaid, must receive course credit
Hours: Hours are flexible with a minimum of 20 hours/week. Office hours are 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday.
Attire: Professional casual attire
Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Brand Strategy Internship" as the subject line.