Using Google Analytics, Addison Whitney collects anonymous information on the way users interact with our site. Google Analytics tracks usability and performance metrics like time on site, what pages you visit, etc. This data is used to improve our website and will never be linked to an actual computer or individual.
What personally-identifiable information is collected?
Addison Whitney collects personally-identifiable information (“Personal Info”) on certain areas of the Site when users request information or sign up to receive our newsletter. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your contact information (name, e-mail address, LinkedIn profile URL, phone number, company name, city, state and zip code).
How may my Personal Info be used?
Addison Whitney uses your Personal Info to fulfill your requests for information. We may keep any of your Personal Info on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. Addison Whitney may also use Personal Info in analyzing Site user behavior in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow Addison Whitney to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. Addison Whitney uses Personal Info collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. Addison Whitney may provide your Personal Info to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
Are cookies and IP addresses used?
Is personally-identifiable information disclosed to third parties?
Addison Whitney will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of Addison Whitney), whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- Addison Whitney may disclose your Personal Info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- Addison Whitney may disclose your Personal Info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- Addison Whitney may disclose your Personal Info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- Addison Whitney may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of copyright infringement or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to Addison Whitney;
- If Addison Whitney and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by Addison Whitney or such affiliates on their websites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
Links to third-party sites
We may provide links to third-party websites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties; for example, in instances of framing of third-party websites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection and privacy practices of such third-party websites, which may differ from those of this Site.
How can I access, change and/or delete information?
You may unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, please either follow instructions within communication mediums, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Addison Whitney has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Info from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized Addison Whitney personnel are provided access to Personal Info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Addison Whitney cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your Personal Info.
Transborder hosting and transfer of information
Personal Info collected on the Site may be transferred to Addison Whitney offices located throughout the world, including offices located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information.
Children’s on-line privacy protection
Addison Whitney understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and Addison Whitney will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.